Greetings All,
Today I was inspired to share with you, one of the most helpful tools in my kitchen. The juicer!
On my journey, my family and I have explored many ways to support the taste buds of our children when regarding hydration. I had reached out to many friends who have healthy eating habits and was happy I did for a while. The first thing to go in our house was the boxed juices.
How were we going to transition our children from the sweet tasting box juices and not get too much resistance? I had decided to go with fresh brewed Ice Tea, sweetened with homemade simple syrup. This went on for a while and my children were very happy with this highly sweetened caffeine replacement. So no resistance and they were not drinking from juice boxes, yes! A success no!
My children were happy on caffeine and simple syrup! Much more running up and down the hall ways of the house and they were always thirsty! Back to the beginning!
I began sharing my disappointment with my colleagues, at school. After over hearing my story, a colleague shared with me that she makes herbal tea for her children. Wow, why had I not thought of that. Caffeine free herbal tea with homemade simple syrup. The children responded to this new drink with great excitement. So many flavors to choose from and the aromas filled the air like the beginning of Spring. This lasted for a year, but it was not sugar free. Sugar was effecting their mood, need to change our beverage of choice, Again!
One late night years ago, I was watching TV infomercials. I saw this amazing tool that turned fruit into fruit juice. What! I immediately grabbed the telephone and ordered a Juicer. I had found the tool that would change our world. I could make fruit juice for my family and walk with my head high knowing there was no added juice in their cups!! Is it time consuming yes, the benefits are amazing! I encourage any one who is on this journey to invest in a quality juicer, let me know how your life changes!!)
At Your Service,
Passionfruitju
Here are pictures of juices I have made with my juicer!
Top apple juice
Bottom cantaloupe


No comments:
Post a Comment