Search This Blog

Monday, May 29, 2017

Take Time For You!

Hi All,

I had to take time out for me, so I have not paid any attention to my blog.  I'm back!

Today's focus: You

One day I was in the kitchen pressing clothes, my then boyfriend asked me a question, till this day I do not remember the question.  I do remember feeling an overwhelming sensation of emotions and the urge to explode.  Well, I did! I began to scream out loud while splashes of tears fell upon the clothes I was pressing.  My heart ached and my hands wailed about.  My two sons and my boyfriend were at a lost for words, they just stood and watched.  My boyfriend walked towards me and pulled me into an embrace, while I thought that was what I needed, it just made me more upset.  Why? Why was I exploding like this at 6:30 am in the morning, on a work day, in front of my family.  I had lost it.  

Later that morning, I called my wisdom, my mother, she explained that I had a "meltdown", a "moment" a "you need time for you, girl" moment.  Me, not me, not the super woman who went to college while raising a toddler and working full time. Not Me, the mom who wakes up every morning with the sun to make sure clothes are pressed, lunches are made and the household is ready to go.  The mom who stays after work 3 to 4 times out of her 5 day work week to ensure things go smoothly at work the next day. Yes, it was me.

I felt like a failure, how could I explode like that, loose control!  I went back to my beginnings, meditation.  I made an agreement with myself, take time out for you! So now, I intentionally rise a half hour before my household to take care of my needs.  I meditated, say affirmations, and drink warm water.  I have time to walk and think in a quiet space and I enjoy every minute of it.

In today's fast paced world, take time for you.  Become the person you know you can be.  A very good friend of mine who is also my first son's godmother, gave me a gift and it now sits on my alter. The plaque reads, "Do ONE thing Every day that makes you HAPPY".

This has been my goal every day since my "moment".  I am a stronger, braver and much more emotionally responsive today for making time for me every day.  You will too!

Thanks for dropping by!

Take Care of You,

Passionfruitju


No comments:

Post a Comment